Brought to you by the Smithsonian Magazine, National Free Museum Day is back on September 21, 2019! This annual tradition invites everyone to spend the day exploring a museum, and asks the question: where will your curiosity take you?
This year’s theme celebrates the “Smithsonian Year of Music”. Throughout 365 days, the Smithsonian Museum in Washington, DC will be putting on performances, art exhibits, and workshops that focus on the different ways music is expressed through art, history, culture, science and education.
The Smithsonian makes it easier than ever to take advantage of this tradition. Find a museum, register your email address here
, and you’ll receive a voucher for you and a plus-one!
Here are some exciting museums that are participating near Shafer Baillie Mansion- speaking of which, we would love to give you and your plus-one a soft bed and hot breakfast before you start your Museum Day! Guests can book online
or give us a call at (206) 322-4654.
- Museum of History & Industry: The museum that’s keeping the past current!
- Frye Art Museum: Opened in 1952, the Frye features both classic and contemporary work.
- Museum of Pop Culture: Old-school & current pop culture go hand and hand in this award-winning musuem!
- Wing Luke Museum: Learn the roots & history of the Asian pioneers that settled Seattle!
- National Nordic Museum: Come celebrate and honor the 5 Nordic countries: Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, and Sweden!
- Kid’s Discovery Museum: Fun for the whole family, this museum invites kids and their families to explore and learn!
Which of these Seattle museums sound the most interesting to you?