It’s here! The 48th Annual Bumbershoot
Music & Arts Festival is in Seattle from 8/30 to 9/1! Come celebrate all things musical and creative with an amazing lineup of bands and live entertainment, as well as art exhibits and booths, and food vendors.
Put on by both One Reel, a non-profit arts organization that strives for art in the community, and by AEG Presents, an entertainment office that produce headlining events, Bumbershoot should be nothing short of spectacular! Beginning in 1971, the first Bumbershoot was called “Festival 71”, and was put on by Seattle’s mayor Wes Uhlman. It then grew into the extravaganza it is now, getting renamed to “Bumbershoot” (an old colloquial term for “umbrella”) along the way.
If you’re looking to attend all three days of the festival, Shafer Baillie Mansion has just the special
for you: stay four or more nights and get $15 off your rate per night! Let us provide you with a warm bed and good breakfast before you go get your creative juices flowing at the Festival.
Following are highlights for the 2019 Bumbershoot Music and Art Festival:
- Tyler, the Creator – Friday, 8/30
- The Lumineers – Saturday, 8/31
- Carly Rae Jepsen – Saturday, 8/31
- H.E.R – Saturday, 8/31
- Louis The Child – Sunday, 9/1
- Punch Up the Jam – Friday, 8/30
- Ramy Youssef – Friday, 8/30 thru Sunday, 9/1
- Quinta Brunson – Friday, 8/30 & Saturday, 8/31
- YOGASHOOT: Those seeking to appreciate art in a physical way can join Yogashoot, to energize and prepare for Bumbershoot!
- The Silent Disco: Put on every day of Bumbershoot, come lose yourself in the most personalized of concert experiences!
- B-EATS: A lineup of its own, Bumbershoot 2019 features hand-picked Seattle restaurants such as “Musang” and “Southpaw Pizza” for all festival food-cravings.