It’s time to shake off the winter doldrums and get ready for the clocks to spring forward, welcoming the expanding hours of sunlight and mild Seattle temps. This is also the time to make Shafer Baillie Mansion Bed and Breakfast
your home base as you experience Seattle and all the fun cultural events it has to offer.
- Move over Restaurant Week, early March boasts Seattle Cocktail Week, which runs the 1st – 8th of the month with over 60 participating locations, culminating in “A Carnival of Cocktails” with tastings and food trucks on the 7th.
- If cocktails aren’t your thing, but high-flying adventure is, be sure to check out the Van to Winthrop Winter Balloon Festival on Friday, March 6 through Sunday, March 8. For those adrenaline-loving adventurers, you can even take a Hot Air Balloon Ride over the Methow Valley.
- Seattle is not nicknamed The Emerald City just for its lush green landscape. It also host’s the 49th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade and celebration which kicks off at 12:30pm on Saturday the 14th. Take the monorail along the parade route to the Seattle Center for closing ceremonies at 2:30pm. For your convenience, the monorail is free for those traveling to the Seattle Center to attend the closing. The weekend continues with the celebration of Irish arts and culture with the Festál: Irish Festival.
- If you thought the month couldn’t get any better, Seattle is also host to the two-day food and wine gastronomic event, Taste Washington: The Grand Tasting at CenturyLink Field, March 19-22. This event showcases over 200 of the state’s wineries and 65 Seattle area chefs and restaurants.
- As the month full of events comes to a close, and for all your Francophile’s, be sure not to miss Seattle’s French Fest: A Celebration of French Speaking Cultures on Sunday, March 22 at the Seattle Center. Did you know there are 29 countries whose official language is French? C’est vrai!
Shafer Baillie Mansion is the perfect location for your spring getaway, putting you within easy access
to Seattle’s litany of springtime festivals and events
. Plus, you’ll start each morning off right with our daily gourmet breakfast. After a day of adventure, you will enjoy resting comfortably in one of our luxurious guest rooms
. Make your reservation now by booking direct
, and be sure to contact us
with any questions about your stay.