Rooms and Rates at Our Capitol Hill B&B
Shafer Baillie Mansion is the ideal choice for lodging in Seattle, Washington. This grand Tudor Revival home, centrally located on Capitol Hill, has the charm of yesteryear yet is equipped with modern conveniences such as high-speed Internet, large-screen televisions and available fax services. The amazing grandeur and craftsmanship built into each room of this historic home gives the sense of a luxury hotel, but with service on a friendly and personal scale. In addition to overnight accommodations, we can provide space to meet with clients or associates, and we offer flexible breakfast hours to match your busy schedule.
With a total of eight guest rooms and suites available on the second and third floors of the mansion, each with private bath, as well as grand-scale day rooms on the main floor, there are accommodations suitable for business travel, weekend getaways, vacations, honeymoons, meetings and events. The rich oak and mahogany woodwork, eclectic antique and reproduction furnishings, Oriental rugs, and many original and period-style fixtures afford the ideal ambience for a wedding location. A less-formal party space for music, dancing, and dining is found in the lower-level hall designed in the Arts and Crafts style.
Please note that all guest rooms are on the second and third floors and can be reached only by stairs. There is no elevator in the mansion.
Second Floor Rooms & Suites
The two suites and three queen-size rooms on the second floor were the original bedrooms when the Mansion began life as a large single-family home in 1914. They offer a diverse range of accommodations for parties from one or two guests, up to a family of six! Click on the individual pictures for descriptions of each room or suite.
As their names suggest, these three large guest rooms, each with private bath, were created (in the 1950s) from the area originally occupied by the mansion’s grand third-floor Ballroom. Although the dramatic barrel-vaulted, lighted ceiling of the Ballroom was stored away in the attic, where it remains to this day, many of the other delightful original architectural details are still in place. We renovated these rooms in 2004 and again in 2009, and they are the newest additions to our selection of guest accommodations. Click on the individual pictures for descriptions of each room.
*Rates vary by season and day of the week. See room pages for details.
Rates are for one or two guests. Additional guests are $20 per night.
Business Traveler Amenities
- Central location, close to major business destinations including downtown Seattle, Washington State Convention Center, University of Washington, Seattle University.
- High-speed Internet, both wired and wireless. Redundant connections for increased reliability and speed.
- Computer in the library for guest use.
- Private phone extension with voicemail and free local calls.
- Fax, copy and printing available.
- Meeting space available to entertain clients and business associates.
- Flexible breakfast hours to match your busy schedule.
- Iron and ironing board in every room.
- Daily newspapers available in library including New York Times and Seattle Times.