An open letter to our future and past guests,
First and foremost, we hope you are staying well and navigating this incredibly difficult time in our world successfully!
As a small bed and breakfast that prides itself on excellent service, we are adjusting to the circumstances that all of us are facing at this unprecedented time and want you to know how important you are to us.
We believe the service we provide is important to you and we are committed to serving you in a safe and responsible manner. We have put plans in place to help us provide the safest and best service possible during this challenging time.
We remain open and committed to the same mission, with some modifications to our service.
Please visit Washington Department of Health’s website for the latest guidance related to COVID-19.
A quick update on what we’re doing:
Know that we are doing everything possible to make your visit with us safe and fun!
We practice social distancing, so please know that we will do our best to maintain a 6 foot distance from our guests. At 14,000 sq ft the Mansion has many spaces for guests to spread out!
For guests unable to keep current reservations: If you are able to change your reservation to a later date, or take a gift certificate instead of a refund, we would be most grateful. No fees will be charged for changing dates or converting to a gift certificate with at least 7 days’ notice.
We are thankful for our loyal and supportive guests. Many of you have been staying with us for years while visiting friends and family or here for business. We appreciate you and miss seeing you!
If you are in a position to help us, please consider writing a review of our B&B on Google or purchasing a gift certificate for a future stay.
In the meantime, please stay safe. We know this pandemic won’t last forever, and we look forward to seeing you in the future at the Shafer Baillie Mansion.
Ana Lena & Brenda
- The health and safety of our guests and employees remains of utmost importance. Guests and employees who are exhibiting signs of illness, or could be ill due to exposure to the virus within the past two weeks, are invited to recover at home under the guidance and care of a doctor.
- For arriving guests, we are sending you the numerical code to our front door and the directions to your room via email for self check-in.
- We have always been happy for you to bring outside friends and family to visit you at the Mansion. During the current pandemic, we ask that you refrain from doing so.
- We have hand sanitizer at the entry hall table. We ask that you use it immediately upon arrival.
- When you get to your room, please wash your hands for at least 20 seconds.
- Your room has been disinfected by our staff. We are proud to say that our staff has been with us for over 14 years (ie, not a different person each day)!
- As has been our practice, we use disposable gloves when cleaning rooms, and use a high-heat steam cleaner to disinfect bed covers. We have triple guards on our bedding– bedbug protectors, mattress protectors, and then sheets (and similarly for our pillows) to ensure maximum cleanliness.
- We are disinfecting the front door handles, all doorknobs, light switches, and lamp switches daily. Room keys are disinfected between guests. Our TV remote controls are now bagged, and cleaned daily.
- We will no longer serve breakfast via our usual buffet. Instead, selections can be made from a menu the night before and will be served on individual trays or bagged, according to your choice. To facilitate social distancing, dining areas available include guest rooms, dining room, sun room, living room, and library.
- We are washing the dishes and flatware twice after each use, first with our regular dishwasher and then with a commercial dish sanitizer.